Title 1 Director/ELA Teacher: Mr. Callahan Title 1 Assistant/Math Teacher: Miss Carey
Title I Vision
The vision of the Veritas Leadership Academy's Title I Program is to provide services and resources to eligible students, educators, and families. Cooperative efforts among the state, school, home, and community will ensure high expectations for Title I programming that will result in education excellence for all students.
Title I Mission
Recognizing the ability of all students to master challenging standards in the core academic subjects, Veritas Leadership Academy's Title I services are dedicated to increasing and improving the educational opportunities for students in schools with a high incidence of poverty by doing the following:
- Focusing on effective. engaging, and high quality school programs and supplemental instruction to students.
- Promoting school wide reform, ensuring access to effective instructional strategies, and challenging academic content.
- Upgrading the quality of instruction through professional development.
- Increasing opportunities for meaningful participation by parents in the education of their children.
- Providing schools, teachers, and parents greater decision making authority and responsibility for student achievement.
- Utilizing the Core and Indiana Academic Standards to assess students and determine how well Title I children are meeting the expectations of all students.